Friday, November 1, 2013

Photo Number 1388

Every year about this time I feature old photographs of soldiers.  A few have names, some do not, none of them should be forgotten. 
America's fighting men and women sacrifice much to ensure that our great nation stays free. We owe a debt of gratitude to the soldiers that have paid the ultimate price for this cause, as well as for those who are blessed enough to return from the battlefield unscathed…. Allen Boyd
Walter WW1  Made it to France Dorset Flos shop
This is Walter and the photograph was taken sometime in 1917 or early 1918.
Walter WW1  Made it to France Dorset Flos shop back 
March 25, 1918  Rec’d notice of Walter  ??arrival in France  April ?
I purchased this photo at Auntie Flo’s Antique Shop in Dorset Minnesota.
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

10 comments:

  1. Such a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Blackberry Lane. Sharp looking dude! Hope he came back ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an amazing shot. There is so much not known about this guy. The arm patch is a different color but it is the same patch that was on my dad's uniform of the next war. I guess I need to look up the meanings of those patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man was a Sargent, I think a First Sargent.

      Delete
  4. I do love to read about the full circle, wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful picture. Did you get my emails about photo 1353, my Uncle Leland Halstenson? There's no rush, I just wanted to be sure you got them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your email went to my spam folder, I will mail the photo onn Monday:)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I appreciate it!..........Lois

      Delete
  6. It looks more like March 25 to me than March 27. Also, my guess would be April 18th.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie