Thursday, July 25, 2013

Photo Number 1291

This is a snapshot from the antique shop in Detroit Lakes Minnesota.

Lady with aviator goggles DL Antiques

A lady with what looks like aviator goggles over a hat with ties holding a cigarette. She wears a sundress, with some sort of patterned fabric, the dress is trimmed with a large pocket and a solid color binding for trim.

When I saw this photo I remembered that my Mother had a dress like this in the 1950’s.  Perhaps it was a dress that she made from one of those Butterick patterns..or Simplicity.

Thanks for stopping by.  Do come again:)

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting "get up"! I wonder what the goggles were for - maybe she rode on one of the motorcycles in your banner! :)

    My mom used to use simplicity patterns... I remember those! (And some very functional if not chic clothes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a home-made dress.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie