Thursday, February 2, 2012

Photo Number 781

This is another photo from the Antique Shop in Dorset. A few days ago we had Agnes and Stephen Brown…Photo Number 777.
Now we have Leatha Brown.
leatha Brown Dorset 3
The photographer was R. H. Stewart of Watkins. Minnesota.  He was in business in the early 1900’s in Watkins..he took Stephens Browns photo in 1904.  The Minnesota Historical Society’s Database of photographers only has him doing business in one year in Minnesota..1902.
Letha Brown back of photo Dorset 3
Leatha Brown Age 4 months
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

*** A photo of Einar as an adult was emailed to me yesterday..I added it to yesterdays post!

Update from Abra:
Leatha Lavina Brown was born June 5, 1905 in Maine Praire Township, Stearns County Minnesota. She married August Henry Schauer in 1926. She died at age 57, on April 7, 1953, in Hutchinson, McLeod County, MN (just a hop & skip down the road from me). According to the Schauer family tree, she had 3 children, now all deceased: Beverly Genevieve (1927-1994), Colleen (1929-1930), and Bruce Leroy (1935-1974). 

Update from Iggy:
I think they had one more son, an August David ((1928 - 1987) who had a couple children too. August was a teacher in Minneapolis.


Update from relatives:  Leatha is Stephen Brown's sister..their Mother is Agnes Brown. 

5 comments:

  1. Leatha Lavina Brown was born June 5, 1905 in Maine Praire Township, Stearns County Minnesota. She married August Henry Schauer in 1926. She died at age 57, on April 7, 1953, in Hutchinson, McLeod County, MN (just a hop & skip down the road from me). According to the Schauer family tree, she had 3 children, now all deceased: Beverly Genevieve (1927-1994), Colleen (1929-1930), and Bruce Leroy (1935-1974). The family tree only lists Bruce as having children. I will do some more work on this and get you some names and addresses later today. I am hopeful there is a grandchild of Leatha still around. Could even be someone I know (I have a number of friends with this last name). ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet photo and interesting info from Abra above.

    I checked back to yesterday's post. Einar's adult photo expression was similar to his as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they had one more son, an August David ((1928 - 1987) who had a couple children too. August was a teacher in Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iggy: You are right. I found him when doing a search through MN birth records. There are several generations of August: he had a son August who also had a son August who is now in college. I will get to looking for addresses later today. (There were also several other August Schauers in this area, so I am guessing it is a long held family name. Maple Lane: I agree--that expression is what nailed it for me. :-) ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone might want to contact the MHS so they can update their database. It looks like that photographer was in town a lot longer than they thought! LOL! I wonder if the "Augusts" all went into teaching too since they all had the same name. So that would be the college age August's Great Grandmother I take it..if I counted right. Wow...to see a picture of your Great Grandmother as an infant...so wonderful what you do here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie