Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Photo Number 619


A farmer with his horses and some of his cattle in 1922.
1922 Farming Photo
1922 Farming back of photo
I would guess that this photo was taken in Minnesota or possibly North Dakota.  Moorhead Minnesota is right across the river from Fargo North Dakota.

It says:
Aslak ( Or Aslar) Nordbo first set of horses and cows when he started farming in 1922.

Jim  Fanny  Mut +Jeff

It looks to be early Spring or maybe late Fall.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)
Update from Iggy:
Aslak Norbo (b. abt 1890 in Norway) is listed in the 1920 US census living in Steele County, North Dakota.

Remember the Midboe's fancy barn? (Photo 612)? Aslak was living with Tobias' father Ole! :)



Sophia Midboe (1890 - 1953) married Aslak Nordbo (1890 - 1959) on May 30, 1920.

8 comments:

  1. Aslak Nordbo sounds like a norwegian alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aslak Norbo (b. abt 1890 in Norway) is listed in the 1920 US census living in Steele County, North Dakota.

    Remember the Midboe's fancy barn? (Photo 612)? Aslak was living with Tobias' father Ole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Jim, Fanny, Mutt, and Jeff were the horses names?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I suspected, Aslak married one of the Midboe girls. :)

    http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/print.cgi?midboe::2.html

    Sophia Midboe (1890 - 1953) married Aslak Nordbo (1890 - 1959) on May 30, 1920.

    They had four children --

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Iggy, Yes I believe those are the names of the horses. Great sleuthing..Midbo's son in law..with that info maybe a family will be found:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting info and a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aslak Nordbo is my father's father. He was in immigrant from Norway and resided on a farm near Hatton, ND, the birthplace of his wife Sophia (Midboe). I'm sure the photos were taken in that area. I don't know about the barn or horses, but I do have reprints of some old photos that my dad gave me; I'll have to check them to see what I can find.
    Thanks for 'rescuing' and posting the photos!

    John Nordbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes you wonder why people let these photos escape their family history

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie