Friday, January 7, 2011

Photo Number 417

This is an unknown couple from the shop in Dorset, Minnesota.  They have a “deer stuck in the headlights look” .  This photo is not marked in any way.

Staring Straight Ahead couple Dorset Antiques

It is a cabinet card…probably from around 1890. There seems to be some kind of elaborate velvet piece that adorns the top of this dress.  I am not quite sure what you would call it other than a fancy trim..it is not really a collar. Perhaps someone reading has an idea!

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

7 comments:

  1. Can't recall seeing anything quite like the velvet top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this couple look familiar? Have you featured another picture of them before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that OMG! expression they have - its almost as if they are saying "You did WHAT?" to the photographer.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybelline..Not that I know of..this is a new photo that I just acquired in December..but anything is possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've seen patterns with that type of embellishment. I think it's sort of like a mantle that was draped over the dress, but I'm not certain.

    Norkio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same thought as Maybelline, and I thought maybe I'd seen that kind of embellishment before. Perhaps everyone is starting to look the same or related, or like one of my long lost relatives! Lol!! ~Abra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how long they had to stand there like that. It's almost like they are not used to photographs, and got dressed up for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie